Glass Doctor of Seattle has a wide variety of material options for your new windowsWhen it is time to replace your windows, you have a lot of window material options. From fiberglass to wood, whichever window frame is best for you and your home, Glass Doctor of Seattle can ensure that it is installed right the first time.
As a newer, more eco-friendly choice, fiberglass windows use post-consumer and recycled glass. They are strong, long lasting and more durable than aluminum or vinyl.
- Pros – Don’t shrink, warp, rot, sag or succumb to termites. Glass-like properties insulate and reduce air leakage.
- Cons – Up to 30% more expensive than an average vinyl window.
Affordable, efficient, popular and available in many colors and styles, vinyl is a common choice for Seattle windows.
- Pros – Affordable, long lasting and versatile. Paintable and stainable synthetic surfaces available in a woodgrain style. Doesn’t take long to install.
- Cons – Potentially challenging when installers are not properly trained.
Wooden widows preserve the particular look of historic homes, and make use of a classic and popular material.
- Pros – Lots of potential to fit a variety of styles; rustic or elegant. Can be stained or painted to match other wood.
- Cons – Requires protectants and chemical guards to prevent weathering and insect trouble. Potentially challenging to install, and need renovation every 10-15 years.
Aluminum became popular in the 1950s as the first wood alternative, and is still used on office buildings and other commercial locations.
- Pros – No need for paint or stain, and very durable. Also excellent at reducing noise levels.
- Cons – Poor insulators, so typically not recommended for homes.
This form of vinyl that is twice as strong and more flexible than the regular variety. Handles like wood as far as ability to be sawn or detailed.
- Pros – Unaffected by insects, moisture and warping. Less expensive than wood, and superior as far as durability and insulation are concerned.
- Cons – Any custom variation needs to be specially ordered, and it is more expensive than regular vinyl and wood.
When you need a frame for your replacement window glass, Glass Doctor of Seattle offers a large variety and the best quality. To learn more, call today!