Add value and beauty to your home with a new entry door from Glass Doctor
Many homeowners think that to quickly improve their homes’ resale value they should renovate the kitchen or the bathroom. But creating an inviting, functional entryway is a faster, less expensive way to add spice to your home.
Glass Doctor of Seattle is the most trusted option in Seattle, Tacoma, Snohomish and Skagit counties for the installation of entry door glass – or doorlites.
A leading door window manufacturer estimates that more than 60 million door windows need to be replaced. Past manufacturers used Styrene material for door window frames, which yellows and becomes brittle over time. If your home was constructed within the last 20 years, you’re likely to have at least one entry door with a half- or full-window doorlite, and it has probably outlived its life-span.
Consisting of a plastic or wooden frame screwed into the door, a doorlite brings light into your home, brightening up any living space. Existing doorlites can be easily upgraded and new doorlites are simple to install.
Glass Doctor of Seattle can restore broken door glass, replace door glass with upgraded doorlites and renovate entryways by cutting a new window into an existing door.
Many popular door glass inserts include:
- Energy efficient double-pane windows with integrated blinds
- Beautiful and functional decorative glass
- All-weather safety glass that exceeds code
- Energy-efficient obscure glass that protects your privacy (and your wallet).
We can also supply and install all types of decorative glass door products including tinted glass, custom sandblasted logos, art glass, leaded glass, pictures and details. Our most popular doors:
- Frameless Tempered Glass Entry Doors
- Sliding Glass Doors
- French Doors
- Patio Doors
- Storm Doors
- Cabinet Doors
Contact Glass Doctor of Seattle at 866-640-7373 for a free, no obligation estimate on a new doorlite or entry door. Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Door Type – Is there an existing window or will a new opening need to be cut in? Is the door made of steel, wood or fiberglass? Generally, retrofit door window inserts cannot be cut into wood doors.
- Glass Application – Is there a window frame, or is the glass edge even with the door? Many of Glass Doctor’s retrofit frames don’t work well with fiberglass flush glazed doors.
- Size and Shape – Measuring the outside of the frame is really helpful in estimating the glass size.
- Door Location – Where is your door located and how is it configured? Make a note of whether the door is front entry, side entry, double entry, french or hinged patio door, or sliding patio door.
- Glass Type –Is the glass clear or tinted? Does it have Low-E coating? Are there grids inside, outside or between the glass? Are there integrated blinds inside the glass and is the existing glass decorative or etched?
Through its partnership with Western Reflections, Glass Doctor receives in-stock retrofit door products the next business day. Western Reflections has one of the most comprehensive product lines in the industry, and their doorlites come with a 20-year prorated warranty and high-performance, non-yellowing frames.