Seattle Windshield Replacement
Glass Doctor of Seattle Tacoma will help you protect your passengers by restoring the structural integrity of your vehicle, through replacement of your damaged windshield. Why choose Glass Doctor of Seattle to replace your windshield?
- Glass Doctor of Seattle Tacoma offers a complete auto glass product line including windshields, side window glass, and mirrors for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, tractors, buses, and RVs.
- Glass Doctor of Seattle Tacoma backs our work with the G12® windshield replacement guarantee.
- Glass Doctor of Seattle Tacoma handles the insurance filing for you and works directly with all major insurance carriers.
- Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) quality windshield glass is installed. Glass Doctor prefers OEM windshields because they are produced at the same factories the automakers use.
- Glass Doctor of Seattle Tacoma supports the only standards for windshield replacement in the U.S., the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
The 6 Steps of Windshield Replacement
STEP 1 – Assessing the Damage:
Auto windshield chips can usually be repaired using a special resin and polishing technique. However, if the windshield contains a crack larger than the size of a dollar bill, it should be replaced. Glass Doctor of Seattle will replace the windshield with OEM quality glass with adhesives recommended by the manufacturer. You can count on Glass Doctor of Seattle for an expert diagnosis.
STEP 2 – Removing the Windshield:
Extracting the damaged windshield seems easy, but care must be taken not to damage the pinchweld (the ridge around the car’s frame that holds the windshield in place). If the pinchweld is damaged the new adhesive may not seal correctly, resulting in leaks and rust corrosion on the vehicle’s frame. Glass Doctor of Seattle’s technicians use the latest extraction equipment to ensure proper removal.
STEP 3 – Selecting the Correct Windshield:
Most aftermarket windshields are made from a copy of a mold of an OEM windshield, not from the windshield’s original mold in the factory. This means that aftermarket windshields may not be to the exact dimensions or the glass may be too thin, resulting in leaks, increased road noise, and the possible failure of the glass in an accident. This is why Glass Doctor of Seattle Tacoma offers OEM quality windshield glass because it fits correctly and restores the vehicle to its original condition. OEM quality windshield glass fits right the first time.
STEP 4 – Applying New Adhesive:
STEP 5 – Installing the New Windshield:
Glass Doctor of Seattle follows installation procedures by the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS) Council, and have earned the AGRSS certification. The most important factor in a proper windshield installation is following the recommended drive-away time. The adhesive must be allowed to set, or “cure,” for a specific time before the vehicle may be safely driven, otherwise, the windshield may move in the pinchweld and will not properly seal to the frame. If the vehicle is in an accident the windshield could pop out and expose the occupants to greater risk of injury. For your safety, please follow the drive-away time instructions.